Only one figure has split by rifle muzzle as rest complete with no missing bayonet, rifle tips, hands, arms or bases. (48) Confederate Gray Soldiers in various poses including (1) Flag Bearer.
(4) of the wounded/Shot figures have small red spot on back and handgun painted black as otherwise rest of figures perfect with no cracked or missing rife tips, bayonets. I will also include several other figures not included in the 48count which are damaged or have small paint detailing done but are original to set. (4) Green Plastic Tree's. (2) Dead Horse Figures- small red spot on necks of both horses- Still have reins.
(6) Horse's molded especially for pulling caisson Wagon's. (2) Wagon Caisson Cart with Seats and Horse bridle clip in attachments. The 4 horse Caisson seat seat has broken left handle and front right horse bridle held with staple as no other cracks, splitting or missing parts.
Both carts roll freely with no broken hinges or pins. Redoubt Bunker- Cannon ball painted Black. (3) Battle scarred Wagon Wheels.
(2) Gray battle damaged Trees on Stands- one center branch broken off and present for possible repair. (2) Gray circular Rifle Tripod Stacks with hanging canteen detail.
(2) Gray Rifle Supply Chests. (1) Caisson front post with (2) Horse bridle clip in pieces. (2) Metal Flags- Confederate and Union. General Lee- Lincoln- Grant Figures.
(7) Tents- 3 Gray, 3 Tan, 1 Blue. Large Black firing Siege Mortar on mount with Black Ramrod- Cannot get spring to catch and hold + (3) Cannon Balls. (2) Commander Tents- Gray tent has cracking and somewhat brittle. (2) Non Firing Siege Mortars on stands.
(2) Black Spring Firing Cannons- One NM while other missing spring firing mechanism. Both are blemish free and have (1) ramrod for ramming shell in place. (2) Large Gray Spring firing Cannons- One has break on left clip on base so does not fully rest in mount. Silver Spring Firing Cannon- VF+ works with Spring + (3) Cannon Ball style shells.
(2) Shells- One Silver/One Black. Damaged Building- Previous owner painted door.
(24) Small Black accessory pieces- Bugle, Rifles, Pistols, Belts, Canteen, Binoculars, Swords etc. Brest Work- Red paint on tips of one side.(3) Gray accessories- Drum with Strap, Bed Roll, Water Barrel. Tan Table, Barrel and small buckets. (2) Cannon Ball Stacks- one black/ one brown. (4) 6 Long Fence Pieces. (5) Horse's with Stir up's- Multi color- all are VF+ with no scratching. (2) Smaller gray firing Position pieces. Mansion Lawn Post Butler piece. The box measures approximately 29" Long by 14.50" Wide and sits 3.50 Deep. There is a split on right side edge and along front middle edge as otherwise clean with no staining or creasing. The coloring on box has also tanned from age however it is not brittle or musty. The parts were all found in the same box as the soldiers and accessories are clean with no heavy abnormal pay war evident except or the few pieces that have paint embellishments.
All pieces are guaranteed vintage with no reproduced or re-released parts. It would not take much to make set 100% complete. As my wife likes to remind me.. Please use the pictures as a guide and feel free to ask me any questions.
Items have been in cold storage in pet free, non smoking environment for past 40+ years. Thank you for taking the time out to look at my auctions.
The item "1960's Marx Battle of the Blue & Gray Playset 180+ Pc VF Clean Near Compete NR" is in sale since Monday, November 21, 2016. This item is in the category "Toys & Hobbies\Vintage & Antique Toys\Play Sets". The seller is "asbyzattic" and is located in Concord, Massachusetts.This item can be shipped to United States, to Canada, to United Kingdom, DK, RO, SK, BG, CZ, FI, HU, LV, LT, MT, EE, to Australia, GR, PT, CY, SI, SE, to Belgium, to France, to Ireland, to Netherlands, PL, to Spain, to Italy, to Germany, to Austria, to Mexico, to New Zealand, to Switzerland, NO, UA, HR, CL, CO, BM, BO, EC, GF, GG, GI, IS, JE, LI, LU, MC, PE, PY.